Friday, October 1, 2010

'MANNY PACQUIAO COULDN'T KNOCK ME DOWN,' SAYS AMIR KHAN

AHEAD of his WBA light-welterweight title defence against Marcos Maidana, the biggest puncher he has faced since Bredis Prescott knocked him out in 2008, Amir Khan has hit out once and for all at the question-marks regarding his chin. Khan, who meets Maidana on December 11 in Las Vegas, insists any vulnerability in the past was caused by the struggle to make the 9st 9lbs lightweight limit and has some interesting evidence to support his claim.

“I’ve taken Manny Pacquiao’s hardest shot in sparring when he weighed 152lbs and he’s not put me down,” Khan bragged. “He caught me a lot of times with big shots and didn’t put me down. I’ve been hit by middleweights and never been put down in sparring. It was only when I was killing myself making weight. I make the weight easier now, I’m a lot stronger and I feel like I can stand in front of any shot.

Read more>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment